Well-known graduates of the Faculty and well-known people working at the Faculty
Last modified:2015, June 1 - 8:34am
In alphabetical order:
Paweł Cymcyk – graduated in Informatics at the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics in 2007, as one of the best students at the Faculty. His professional career in connected with the financial sector. He is a well-known market analyst, providing comments on commercial events for the press and the TV. Paweł Cymcyk holds a stockbroker licence which entitles him to perform the activities connected with providing investment advice, issued by the Polish Financial Supervision Authority, and participates in the prestigious programme of CFA Institute, At present he works for ING TFI at the position of Investment Communication Manager.
- Małgorzata Dobrowolska – graduate in Mathematics – chief editor and co-owner of Gdańskie Wydawnictwo Oświatowe.
- prof. Ignacy Gryczyński – graduate in Physics, at present works at the University of North Texas; author of more than 400 publications.
Katarzyna Hall – graduate in Mathematics, Minister of Education 2007-2011; Member of Polish Parliament in the 7th Term.
- prof. Ryszard Horodecki (corresponding member of the Polish Academy of Sciences) – holder of the award granted by the Foundation for Polish Science – so-called Polish Nobel Prize.
Agnieszka Reda - graduated in Informatics at the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics as one of the best students. During her studies she was working for MadKom and Cominfo. After graduation she successfully applied for a job in the Cracow branch of Google and worked there as Software Engineer. At present she is employed at the heart of Google company, i.e. in its California branch in Mountain View, where she works on implementation of a system for managing Google's computational resources.
Jakub Sławiński – graduated at the first place in Informatics at the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics. After graduation he was employed in the company ADVA Optical Networking. In 2009, together with his friend, Krystian Lider, was a successful candidate in “Gdynia Businessplan” competition, following which they set up a company SolDevelo Sp. z o.o.
- Tadeusz Spanily – graduate in Mathematics – president of MTU Moje Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeń S.A. (an insurance company within the Sopot Ergo Hestia Group).
- prof. Marek Żukowski – graduate in Physics – Professor's Subsidy from the Foundation for Polish Science, holder of the award granted by the Foundation for Polish Science – so-called Polish Nobel Prize.
- prof. Maciej Żylicz – graduate in Physics – president of the Foundation for Polish Science, advisor to the President of the Republic of Poland.
Do you think the above list is incomplete? Mail your suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org